From the Editor,
Let’s look at an interesting trend:
- Meta(formerly Facebook)has invested over $10 billion to develop a Metaverse.
- Disney recently celebrated its 100th anniversary with a Metaverse Music festival.
- Tencent, Baidu, Bytedance(Tiktok’s parent company) and over a thousand other Chinese companies have filed metaverse trademarks so far.
- Adidas did a collaboration with the metaverse platform The Sandbox.
- Paypal, Visa, and UnionBank filed for metaverse trademarks last week.
As we can see, some of the biggest companies in the world are actively preparing for the metaverse. We could list almost a thousand big names above. Most of the companies are filing trademarks as an insurance policy—in case this metaverse thing blows up, they won’t have to pay a premium for being late. Meanwhile, some are engaging to stay up with the times. However, it’s undeniable that the metaverse is potentially a very lucrative business opportunity for these brands. Companies have plans to open up virtual restaurants, art shows, exhibitions, concerts, and all types of experiences in this virtual medium. We will also see many of them sell virtual merchandise for people’s metaverse avatars. And obviously, there will be games!
But, how will these big firms provide digital ownership rights and enable transactions in the metaverse?
by using web3 technologies such as NFTs and cryptocurrencies. All roads will eventually lead to Web3.
Updates from Tegro HQ
As you might know, last week we unveiled Tegro Earn with One World Nation bounties. The response from our community has been overwhelmingly positive🙏. Here’s an update on which projects are coming to our platform next:
Galaxy Arena is bridging the gap between virtual and reality by bringing events attractions and businesses into the metaverse
A Web3 Fitness App that not only tracks your workouts but rewards you with $FITT (crypto tokens) for the calories you burn too
A zombie survival game. Collect weapons and slay endless waves of zombies in an immersive FPS experience.
Web3 Gaming News
- World Eternal Online Launches Empire City Towers
- Genopets Introduces New Feature to Halt Habitat Degradation
- Disney celebrates 100th anniversary with Metaverse Music Experience
- Twitter Will Allow Users to Buy and Sell NFTs Through Tweets
- Elon Musk Finally Takes Over Twitter: How Will This Impact Crypto?
- Mythical Games Unveils New Web3 Game Nitro Nation World Tour
Last week, our amazing team took over Twitter Spaces to showcase our newest product, Tegro Earn. Listen here to learn more
+ Tweet of the Week
Polygon co-founder takes the cake this week, here’s his tweet:
- Participate in Undead Block’s $15K Halloween Bash.
- Phantom Galaxies P2E event AstraFite Rush is going live on November 4th.
Fresh from the blog
Join our Community
Our active Discord is the home for all discussions about Web3 gaming and Tegro news. Meet other Tegro members and stay in touch with our team.