From the Editor,
The first web3 gaming awards
Last week, we finally got to see the results of the inaugural GAM3 Awards. Kickstarted by Polkastarter Gaming, the GAM3 Awards are the first widely recognized award function in web3 gaming. The event is backed by some of the biggest organizations operating in the space, such as ImmutableX, Blockchain Gaming Alliance, Polygon Studios, Machinations, and many more. The jury for the GAM3 awards industry leaders like Justin Kan (Twitch), Yoshihisa Yashimoto (LV 99), Sarutobi Sasuke (YGG), Urvit Goel (Polygon Studios), Jesper Lindquist (Animoca Brands), and 34 others. The 16 winners across various gaming categories, selected by the jury and through public vote, will share over $1 million in prizes. It should go without saying that the GAM3 Awards are a big deal, and their results shine a light on the best in web-based gaming. The winners of this award will serve as the north stars for other participants in their respective categories and show them what is really connecting with people. If you missed the initial result announcements, check them out here. Some of the notable ones were:
- Game of the Year: Big Time
- Most Anticipated Game: Shrapnel
- Best Graphics: Star Atlas
- Best Action Game: Superior
- Best Mobile Game: Thetan Arena
- Best Shooter Game: MetalCore
- Best Content Creator: Brycent
Web3 gaming changing folks, soon enough some of the best games in the world will use web3 tech. Visit our Earn platform to play and earn USDT, and discover the hottest Web3 games if you're new to the space.
Web3 Gaming News
- LUXON provides in-depth look at benefits of Web3 gaming and ecosystem
- Web3 games: The unique challenges and secrets of user acquisition explained
- Gaming Platform Forte Partners With Venture Studio SuperLayer to Expand Beyond Web3 Gaming
- Illuvium’s New Offering Buoys Web3 Gaming
- NFT Marketplace Magic Eden Pushes Further Into Gaming With New Hire
- I just watched Biggie Smalls perform ‘live’ in the metaverse
- Calvaria(Duels of Eternity raised $2M in presale
- Metacede Presale raises $670k
- DOGAMÍ secures $14M
- GLIP raises $2.5M to Develop a Web3 gaming ecosystem.
In our last Twitter Spaces session, we called on our friends from some of the biggest community-led projects in Web3—Shardeum, SuperteamDAO, and Layer3—to discuss the sweet science of community building.
Coming up this week
Join us this Friday at 7 pm IST/1:30 pm UTC on Discord for your weekly dose of fun, energy and social games with other community members.
Fresh from the blog
Best P2E Games on ImmutableX
Trend of the week #2: Producing AAA Games
Join Our Community
Our active Discord is the home for all discussions about Web3 gaming and Tegro news. Meet other Tegro members and stay in touch with our team.